Baking soda is one of our favorite household products. It is cheap and has so many uses besides the typical baking and deodorizing the refrigerator. The best part is that baking soda is also free of any toxic chemicals, it’s safe to use, and it works!
Try using baking soda in some of these ways…
- Sprinkle in your shoes to kill odor.
- Sprinkle it on your carpet a half hour to hour before you vacuum to freshen. Kills pet and other household odors.
- Mix it with a little bit of water to form a paste. Use the paste to soothe bug bites and other skin irritations.
- Keep a box of baking soda in your refrigerator to eliminate food odors.
- Keep a big box handy by the stove to extinguish fires.
- Soak your feet in a bowl of hot water and baking soda to soothe your feet at the end of a long day.
- Add a 1/2 cup of baking soda in your laundry to keep whites white.
- Combine it with 3% peroxide to use as toothpaste.
- Make a paste of 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water and use it as a facial scrub or body exfoliant.
- Combine with hot water and distilled vinegar in a large bowl and soak sippy cup and bottle parts to get rid of odors.
- Make your own household cleaners.
- Get your combs and brushes clean by soaking them in a mixture of warm water, a couple of drops of shampoo, and a bit of baking soda.
- Sprinkle baking soda on a clean damp sponge and and use to safely and gently scrub bathroom tubs, sinks, tile, kitchen counter tops and cook tops.
- Baking soda can be used to clean fruits and veggies. Just mix with water and use to clean your produce. Rinse after cleaning.
- Add a couple of tablespoons to bath water to relieve skin irritations. Can be used in kid’s baths too to relieve chicken pox, diaper rashes, etc.