For the past week, I’ve been sharing some of our favorite easy-to-make breakfast ideas. Today, I want to share a quicker way to enjoy pancakes with a Baked Apple Pancake.
Instead of flipping each individual pancake, this is one large pancake that is baked in a pie plate.
To save time in the morning, I put all of the wet ingredients into the blender and all of the dry ingredients into a zip top bag the night before. This way everything is pre-measured and all I have to do in the morning is add the dry ingredients to the blender. Give it a whirl for about 30 seconds and pour into the pie plate. It bakes for about 20 minutes while I get the kids ready for school and by the time we’re ready so is the pancake! Top with fresh berries, maple syrup and a sprinkle of powdered sugar OR you if you have time over the weekend – make the apple topping in the recipe below. Delicious!!
Baked Pancake with Fruit Topping
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
Apple Topping (optional)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup water
Fresh Fruit Topping (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Maple syrup
1. Place KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal, flour, the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, eggs, milk and oil into electric blender container. Process 15 seconds or until mixture is smooth.
2. Place glass 10-inch pie plate in 425° oven for 5 minutes. Carefully remove hot plate from oven. Quickly coat with cooking spray and pour cereal batter into hot plate. Return to oven and bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown and puffed around edges. Remove from oven and sift with powdered sugar. Cut and serve immediately with either Apple Topping or fresh berries and maple syrup.
3. OPTIONAL APPLE TOPPING: While pancake bakes, make Apple Topping by melting butter in 12-inch skillet. Add the 1/3 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon, apples and water. Simmer about 10 minutes or until apples are just tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Serve hot over hot pancake.