I’m so proud to announce that the National Wildlife Federation’s e-book, Be Out There: Cool Outdoor Ideas for Hot Summer Days is finally published! I helped co-author this book with fourteen other amazing bloggers!
As we all know, in this day and age – it can be so difficult to pull children away from their video games and iPads and smartphones. In fact, The Motherhood and NWF conducted a survey of social media moms in June 2012 and had the following findings…
- 94% of moms think kids are not spending enough time outdoors
- One-third of moms feel guilty that their kids aren’t spending more time outside
- The biggest impediments to getting kids outside were: weather (61%), safety concerns (38%) and technology (36%)
I know that I can totally relate to the moms surveyed! Sometimes, life gets in the way of even the best intentions so I am always looking for tips and advice on what works for other families. Be Out There: Cool Outdoor Ideas for Hot Summer Days is chock full of invaluable tips on getting kids outdoors. Check out the chapters below…
- Balancing Screen Time with Green Time
- Cool Activities for Hot Summer Days
- Outdoor Time in Everyday Life
- Nighttime Activities
- Celebrating Special Occasions in the Great Outdoors
I contributed to the Celebrating Special Occasions in the Great Outdoors chapter…
Get to know the rest of the contributing bloggers below. This is one fabulous group of ladies!
Andrea Updyke, Li’l Kid Things
Brett Martin, This Mama Loves…
Caryn Bailey, Rockin’ Mama
Elena Sonnino, Live.Do.Grow.
Fadra Nally, All Things Fadra
Heather Hopson, Diary of a First Time Mom
Holly Ambrose, Tropic Home and Family
Jennifer Matuska, Mommy Instincts
Kimberly Coleman, Mom in the City
Louise Bishop, MomStart
Marianna Nichols, Green Mama’s Pad
Molly Balint, MommyCoddle
Nickida Stephens, Nicki’s Random Musings
Tiffany Merritt, Stuff Parents Need
And, please make sure to download Be Out There: Cool Outdoor Ideas for Hot Summer Days for FREE!