I am so excited because now that Lucas is in school we get to do fun things like make our own Valentine’s Day cards! Lucas’ school does not allow candy type treats to be exchanged on Valentine’s Day so we had to get creative and come up with something fun that was NOT candy. Hence, the “I Wheelie Like You” Valentine’s Day card was born…
I designed the card and then attached a Hot Wheels or Matchbox car directly to the card. These cards are perfect for little boys! Of course, I am sharing the card and instructions with you today!
What You’ll Need:
I Wheelie Like You Free Printable
Small Toy Car
Embroidery Thread (or equally heavy duty thread)
Double sided tape
1. Print out the “I Wheelie Like You” card on heavy cardstock. I designed these to be 5×7 cards so you can print two to a page.
2. Cut them out using a paper cutter (or scissors if you don’t have one).
3. Thread a needle with embroidery thread or another heavy duty thread. Attach the car to the card using the needle and thread. I specifically bought toy cars that had an opening – through the window – so that I could easily pass the needle and thread through the opening.
4. Flip the card over, tie the thread into a secure knot, and cover with a small piece of Scotch tape to further secure.
5. At this point, I realized that the car needed to be secured a little more so we decided to add a small piece of double-sided tape to the underside of the car.
Hope your kiddos enjoy! Happy Valentine’s Day!