As we all know, baby wearing has become one of the hottest trends right now and there are many different types of baby carriers available. One of my favorite ways of carrying Lucas is with a pouch style baby sling. They are extremely convenient and comfortable. Pouch slings are one piece of fabric and do not require any adjustment on your part. There aren’t any rings or buckles to mess with and they are easy to travel with. The sling folds really small and it tucks nicely into a diaper bag or a stroller. Not to mention, they can be used from birth to 35 pounds and offer many carrying positions.
However, it is extremely important to buy the right one. When I was pregnant with Lucas, I purchased a pouch baby sling. After a couple of months of use though, it stretched out and had become too big. The problem with the sling is that the fabric is very thin and has no stretch at all so over time, it became too big. At the time, I began to lose faith in slings because even though they were convenient, it just wasn’t comfortable for me. My back would hurt a lot whenever I tried to carry Lucas in it and I was constantly pulling and tugging at the sling.
My faith in pouch style slings was restored though when I was recently given the opportunity to try a Mod Mum sling. The Mod Mum sling is SO different than the one I currently own. I received the Lily pattern (pictured right) and it is GORGEOUS!The fabric is thick with just enough stretch and it has padding in the leg area to keep your little one comfy. The stretch is really important because it gives more structure, support, and security to the sling when carrying a heavier baby or when it’s been used over time. It is impeccably made with a very sturdy construction so you can have peace of mind that your baby is safe. All Mod Mum slings are all reversible so that you can be ultra fabulous in your modern print or tone it down with the solid or more neutral side.
After carrying my very heavy toddler in the sling, I can say that it is the most comfortable sling that I have ever tried! My back didn’t hurt, it stayed in place, and the designer fabric made me feel totally chic! I am in love with Mod Mum slings and I know you will be too! Price-wise, they are comparable to other slings on the market and right now they have several slings on sale, which make those designs extremely affordable!
Win it: Mod Mum has generously offered ONE Jolly Mom reader the chance of winning a sling! Winner chooses pattern.
How to Enter:
1. Visit Mod Mum and tell me which pattern is your favorite. Each pattern has a NAME, please leave me a comment with the actual name of the pattern. If you do not provide the NAME, your entry will be disqualified.
2. Blog about this giveaway with a link to Mod Mum and another to Jolly Mom. Leave a comment with your URL.
3. Add Jolly Mom AND Mod Mum to your Twitter and Tweet about the giveaway. Leave a comment telling me that you did.
4. Subscribe (or Follow) to Jolly Mom AND sign up for the Mod Mum Newsletter. Leave a comment telling me that you did.
5. Add my button to your sidebar and leave me a comment with your URL.
6. Stumble this post and leave a comment telling me that you did.
7. Grab the Mom Time in ’09 Blog Party button from my sidebar for 2 additional entries. Leave me 2 separate comments with your URL.
- Win THREE ERGO Baby Carrier Components! Carrier, Backpack, & Pouch!
- Win a Reusable Lunch Kit by Kids Konserve
- Win a Pair of Leg Huggers!
- Mom Time in ’09 Blog Party Early Entries
- Twilight Sea Turtle by Cloud B Giveaway
- Boca Beth Giveaway
- Mod Mum Baby Sling Giveaway