Spring and fall are my favorite seasons of the year so I am super excited that the spring has officially arrived. After the super cold winter we had, I honestly thought it would never get here! It’s so nice to hear the birds chirping again and to see the Dogwood trees blooming in Georgia! To celebrate, I’ve put together a list of ten of our favorite spring-inspired activities for kids and families.
1. Go on a nature walk at the park. Name the flowers that you see blooming. Observe the animals. Feed the ducks.
2. Celebrate Earth Day of April 22nd. Teach your kids the importance of being kind to our environment.
3. Make rain in a jar. This is such a cool project that teaches kids the science of rain.
4. Fly a kite. This is the perfect time of the year to fly a kite. It’s so much fun for the whole family!
5. Go camping. This is by far one of our family’s favorite activities in the spring and fall. It is the perfect way to experience nature and bond as a family away from the tv, iPhones and video games.
6. Plant a garden or start small with these DIY Strawberry Planters.
8. Make an Egghead Planter. Kids love these!
9. Coffee Filter Butterflies are so fun for kids to make!
10. Make homemade popsicles. Healthy and delicious!
It’s important to keep your family healthy so that you can actually enjoy all of the fun spring and summer activities! But if your little ones get sick, it pays off to be prepared. One of our go-to medicines anytime either Lucas or Amelia get the sniffles is PediaCare® Gentle Vapors® Plug-In Unit.
It fills the room with non-medicated vapor that helps soothe stuffed up noses and coughs. It contains a blend of aromatic ingredients, including menthol, eucalyptus, camphor, lavender and chamomile. It smells lovely and works for us every time. Love! For additional information, make sure to visit PediaCare.com and check out their blog, which has helpful articles like How To Treat Your Child’s Fever – lifesaver for a first time parent or any parent who needs a refresher!